Stephan is sick :( He has not ate a thing all day. ok, he ate a little breakfast, and whenever I could trick him into putting some food in his mouth, I did. Bus essentially, he has not ate. We checked his temperature around 7:30, and it was 102.4, we have him some meds and twenty minutes later is was 101.5. The second time we took his temperature, it was 103.7, and that really worried us, but it turns out that you have to have the cover on the thermometer for it to read right. Just to be sure we did the dirty deed... we checked his temperature rectally, and it was 101.5. When we figured out that we needed the cover on the ear thermometer, we got the right temperature. As soon as I finish them blog we are going to go wake him and check his temperature again to see if it is alright and give him some more Tylenol.
We are suppose to go to dollywood tomorrow, but that just depends on how Stephan is feeling and his fever.
I believe that part of the reason he does not feel good is the heat. He has always hated being hot. I remember about two or three weeks after we got him home, he would not sleep at all at night. I figured that it was just normal, well, the weekend came and Chris was home and saw how warm I kept the room, Stephan's little fleece outfit, and the fleece blanket he was wrapped up in.... no wonder he could not sleep. We turned the heater way down and dressed him in cotton pj's, and he has never had a problem since. Another time, on a car trip to Winston, he was really inconsolable in the car, I believe because of the heat. A few weeks later we took a much longer trip to the beach in a car that had air condition, and he was great the whole time. Now, when he runs around the house playing, if he gets to hot, he gets really cranky, but if I strip him down to some shorts, or give him a cool bath, he is happy again. He just hates to be hot.
In other news, I got my hair cut yesterday, Some as last time, maybe a little shorter. I LOVE this style! It is very versatile, and I think it is really cute! I'm super excited to have sound someone who can make since of the random pictures of different hair styles and give me what I really want. When she cut it last time, I told her I wanted a somewhat funky kind of look, that could cross over into a modern mom kind of look. I showed her a bunch of pictures, some matching, most did not, and she gave me exactly what I wanted! So, I'm am thrilled to finally have a consistent hair stylist in my small little town.
This morning was a great morning! Stephan made some noises about 8:30 that woke me up. I went into the living room and Chris was awake, so we spent some time together before Stephan actually woke up at 9. Then we had breakfast, read scriptures, and spent about two hours together playing. We would lay on the couch or floor, and Stephan would crawl all over us. We chased him around the house a little bit. He loves being chased! He started pointing to his nose today. I read him a book about pigs that refers to their nose as a snuffly little snout, and when I read that part, I always point to his nose. Today I asked him where his snuffly little snout was, and he pointed to his nose, and then my nose, and then his nose... it was so cute! the mornings are probably my favorite part of the day (AFTER waking up.... I hate that part). They are so peaceful, and we rarely have interruptions. It is simply a time that we can relax and be with each other. It is a time that I think we all treasure!
Friday, May 01, 2009
Posted by Whyzzerd at 9:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment