CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The last of my thoughs from conference

So, as I was sitting here thinking and listening to the great speakers, I made a few notes. You see, when I go to listen to a speaker, or at church, I listen to what the speaker is saying, but mostly that is when I can do some good thinking. I remember one time at church in Sunday school that the teacher said that sometimes, by letting her thoughts wander some while reading scriptures that she was able to get answers, or ideas. I feel that I am the same way. So anyhow, I may not be able to repeat back what a speaker said, but I am still able to walk away from a speaker with my own type of knowledge.

So anyhow, mostly, what I thought a lot about was friendships (which I already wrote about) and also the reasons I feel like we are suppose to be in waynesville ward where my main focus. I did listen really closely to the talk on free agency parenting though.

I thought about being away from my family a lot, and I also thought a lot about being with my mom and sister. It is so rare when we get the chance to be together! My sister is one of my greatest friends. I think we view a lot of things differently now than when we were growing up. growing up we thought a lot alike, but being married to different guys, and having totally different lives has made us a lot different from each other. However, even with those difference we have a friendship that has lasted through years and years, and will always last. When we do get the chance to hang out, we have a lot of fun! We don't get to hang out as much as I would like.
My mom is what I wanted to write about the most tonight though. She is a great person! I don't think she really knows what I great person she is. She has done so much for us growing up. She was always there when we needed her. One of the most important things to me, is that I never felt like she put the business above us kids. She never doubted (that she showed anyways) that we would make it in the "real school system" since we were home schooled. She is a very giving person as well. She is always looking for ways to help us out, or to just spoil us. This weekend was a great example! She took care of all the traveling plans including driving the whole way there and back. When we got there she bought us each one thing (I got a really pretty picture frame), on the way home she bought us dinner. She did so much for us this weekend! The thing is, she is always doing things like that for us.
I think she is an incredibly strong woman. she probably doesn't think so, she doesn't always see the good that the rest of us see in her. She has helped my dad for years in building his dream business. Something that the rest of us decided was not for us. Working with dad's business is not always easy, and I'm sure that they have had their fights, but for the most part she helps him with out complaint. She has also stood by my dad in life, and that is something that is hard to find these days.
I think that she is really good at her callings. I have seen her in several different callings and she always does a good job... she even does her visiting teaching! (something I need to work on... and I'm suppose to visit teach the bishops wife!).
So basically, I think my mom is a great person, and I was really excited to spend so much time with her this weekend.

So, on a totally different note, at the conference we are learning all these things. It suppose to be all these great LDS women, women who are suppose to stand for truth and righteousness right? Apparently not when we are hungry. The food line was a bit confusing, ok, so a lot confusing. All these women, who were in the middle of being spiritually uplifted, started showing their claws to the poor people working at the conference when the food lines got messed up. I was thinking how much like Lamen and Lemuel we can be. They were told over and over to do the things they should, but as soon as things got hard they started whining and not behaving. Well, here we are, being told what we should do, and then we hit the food line and it's confusing and we start whining. I just thought it was amusing.
Since we are talking about food, I also thought it was amusing that they served Ice tea. It was funny because as soon as they brought it out, I think they were probably told by ten different people that we don't tea.

0 comments: