Man, It is getting hot! I could never live at the beach, the humidity kills me there. I don't really like the humidity we have here, but I grew up with it, so I guess it isn't that big of a deal, but when we travel somewhere like the beach, and I step out of the car, I feel like I am literally melting away. today was one of those hot yucky muggy days.... so, like other millions of Americans, we rush off to wal-mart (or lowes depending on your preference) and buy an air conditioner. Ok, so there was only one other person looking at them today in the store, but the prices are a lot higher than they were even a month ago, so I assume that is wal-marts way of preparing for the millions who might want an air conditioner. I digress (I love that phrase lol)
So, my little boy HATES being hot. I'm not sure if I have told this story before, but when he was a newborn, he would not sleep if he was to hot. He definitely runs at a higher temperature than his cold mama. Anytime he is over dressed or hot, he gets really cranky. So when the temperature started getting hot, he got our air conditioner. He has had an air conditioner in his room for a month now ('cept when it got cold). We have another air conditioner in the living room window. That leaves our room all hot and muggy. It has been nice enough that we have just been leaving the window open... but it got to hot for that today and Chris stole Stephan's air conditioner. This left me on the quest to buy a new one, because heaven forbid Stephan get to hot in the middle of the night!
I learned a few things while installing the air conditioner, One, Stephan LOVES pushing the buttons and generally crawling on top of whatever it is I'm trying to work on (ok, so not new) and 2nd, the back of an air conditioner leaves pretty little scratches all over you if you pick it up while your finger is on the back... my finger looks like I'm a cutter now, seriously, if it was on my arm, I'm sure someone would call the cops on me or something. But, at least the air conditioner is in place and I know Stephan will Sleep through the night!
Speaking of sleeping, Stephan has to have LOTS of it. He sleeps way more than any other kid I know. Last night he went to bed about 7:30 and woke up this morning about 10:45. Now I heard him rustling around about 8:50 and I figured that it was about 10-40 minutes early for him (at least recently) so I rolled back over thinking he would wake me up in a few more minutes. When I did hear him rustling around it was 10:30. I got up, and since he wasn't really awake, had time to actually fox my hair without my leg looking like it has grown a rather loud growth. It was a good morning, we leisurely ate breakfast, played, and had a good time before daddy had to go back to bed (he has been up and down all day, he went to bed at 8ish, got up at 11, went back to bed at 12, got up at 5).
A strange fact about Stephan, he HATES it when I do the dishes or fix my hair. he could be happily playing in the next room over, but if I go near the Kitchen sink and start messing with dishes, or he hears the bathroom door open, he comes running. He will sit at my feet and cry the whole time I am doing dishes.... and we don't have a dishwasher... I don't get why he gives up happily playing in the next room for a thirty minute crying tantrum at my feet... strange kid!
So today Jessica came over. we walked downtown with Stephan. Jessica just got back from her first year of school at State. I'm glad to have her back for the summer, but sad that she will leave again soon. She is usually one of the first people I call when I'm bored and dying to get out of the house.. which happened today. After walking around downtown we went to wal-mart to get the air conditioner and then we did our best at putting it in. Afterward Stephan took a nap and me and her watched a movie and ate chips and salsa... sounds like a good afternoon to me!
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
My day.. and other random things
Posted by Whyzzerd at 9:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment