ok, I totally stole this from a friends blog (hope you don't mind jenny!). I first heard this song by Micheal McLean about a month ago at Womens Conference and it really hit home for me and I feel like everyone should have a chance to hear it. So, this is for most of us, for the ninty and nine...
One of the ninty and nine
"I am one of the ninety and nine.
I'm not perfect, but basically, I'm doing fine.
I have not lost my way. I have not gone astray.
I'm just one of the ninety and nine.
I am here in the heart of the fold.
I'm not mindless but I try and do as I'm told.
I'm not tempted to run, or become the lost one.
I'm just here in the heart of the fold.
I'm just one of the Ninety and Nine
I have stumbled and fallen but I've kept in line
I'm not one he must seek, I'm not all that unique
I'm just one of the Ninety and Nine."
Then why is my Shepherd treating me like a lost lamb?
He's searching to find me, and He's holding me now, yes
He's holding me now, and teaching me who I am.
Why am I feeling like I'm the only one here?
It's like I'm his favorite, and He takes me aside
And He sweetly confides, these remarkable words in my ear:
'You are one of the ninety and nine.
Have you any idea how brightly you shine?
You are safe in this fold, and it's time you were told,
That I know where you've been so I know where you'll be
Because all of your life you've been following me.
You are more than just one of the sands of the sea
Or just one of the ninety and nine...
You are mine.'"
Wednesday, June 03, 2009
The ninty and nine
Posted by Whyzzerd at 8:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
:-) beautiful.
Post a Comment