CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

To much fun

This week has been a busy one! I went to dollywood once, and Splash country twice which left my house in ruins and I just got it back to somewhat of a normal order today. It started last Thursday, I had two free tickets to dollywood that expired that weekend. Jessica came with me and Stephan. We had a lot of fun while we were there. We took turns on the a few of the coasters, but mostly we did things that Stephan could have fun on too. We had a good few hours before they shut all the rides down because of a supposed storm... which we never even saw one rain drop of. After the rides has been closed for about thirty minutes we just decided to come back home. About 30 minutes into our drive, we were on a little two way road when we came across a fallen tree that was half on the road and half tangled in the power lines. It was going to be at least an hour (probably more) before we could get through there, so we turned around, passed back by dollywood and through Cherokee. It took us three hours to make a one and a half hour trip... so mad. On the way back through there was another detour that went straight though the krispy kreme drive through... you know, the one with the bright red "HOT NOW" light flashing.... mmm, they were soooo good!!!!

The next day we got a lot of work around the house done. Chris wanted to work on the car a little, and then we mowed the lawn and weed whacked everything... I do love a nicely mowed yard! The next two days we were at splash country. We has planned on going on Sunday, but then decided that we really should be in church, so I changed the plans around and found a different sitter so that we could go on Saturday and we had a BLAST!!! I love water parks, I could easily live at them! I can't ever decide what I want to do because everything is so great! We really missed Stephan though. There were so many cute kids running around with big smiles on their faces. As much as we missed him, I think that it is really really really really (is that enough reallys?) really important for couples to have a date night at least once a month, more is possible. This was a good excuse to have such a night. After the park we went out to eat and then headed home through Cherokee which is such a great drive!!

Sunday we had planned on going to church, but Stephan woke up at 7:30 which is early for him, and he went back to bed at 8. We went back to bed also thinking that he would get up in an hour or so, in time for church. He woke up a few minutes to twelve... so much for church. We woke up from a few text from our friends who had also missed church because their son had a bad poison Ivy rash and had to go to the Urgent care. Well... Since we had both missed church... we decided to go back to splash country. It was a totally spontaneous trip. This time we took Stephan with us, he was a little tired, but once he got over that he had fun. We spent the majority of our time with Stephan in the lazy river. We tried the baby play area, and although he liked it, he was to tired for it and would cry every time he fell or got water splashed on him... or someone looked at him... very grumpy. In the Lazy river he took it easy for awhile, and then momma got him and we played. he was sitting on the float with his legs in the river and then we would run up to Chris or the burrows and bump into them and Stephan would laugh... it was all to cute! I would put the cutest picture ever of him on here, but, our camera has been having issues and the pictures are gone... so sad. I think we are going to have to call Olympus up and have a chat.

In other news... we had a cookout Friday night with the burrows. We were hanging out around the fire when Chris saw a fox in our yard. It was neat to see him, but kinda strange since we live in the middle of town... on a different note (I hope) we have not seen our baby ducks in awhile...

0 comments: