CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, May 11, 2009

Friendships

While I was at the conference I met up with a lot of different people. One was a friend from a loooong time ago. We met at a camp when we were about 15 or 16. It was really neat to see her again. We also saw several people from the stake. I love getting to see the people from our stake! There are so many good people that I don't get to see nearly enough.

So, one of the things about me is that I don't make friends easily. I guess I am really picky about those I call my friends. I have come across several people who claim to be my friends that have been.... less than friendly. These people make more cautious.
I have always felt that most friendships are temporary. I think this is because we moved around a lot growing up, and I was not around a lot of people my age. The friends that I did make that were my age were usually temporary. This is how I feel about the average friendship... but then there are the friendships that are different, the ones that I know, or at least hope, will last. After six years of college, I made friends with four people that I hope to be friends with for a long time, one of those I married :) The rest, if they read this should know who they are. For you guys, I am very grateful.

Alright, I guess I should get to the point of my blog. I do not make friends, good friends, with a lot of people, but then there are other people who I feel a pull towards, those people who I really want a friendship with, but not sure how, or don't get the chance. Even though I don't know them as well as I would like, I still miss the friendship. Does that even make since? Every person that I have ever felt this extra pull toward are members of the church, I think that might have something to do with it. With one person in particular, I almost feel like we have been friends before, and that we would be great friends now, if given the chance. That was the biggest feeling that I got while at the conference (well. with friendships)

I really hope that one day, I will get to know these people well, to become good friends with them.

There are other friendships that I have made that, after we have been friends for awhile, that I know there was a reason for that friendship. like, with yesterdays post, our friendship with the burrows that has helped us find out place in the ward. I also feel that these friendships are meant to be.

I know that my thoughts in this blog are probably confusing. The bottom line is that, while at the conference, There were two people that I met up with that I hope, in the future, I can be better friends with. I felt pretty strongly that if, given the chance, we would have a great friendship.

0 comments: