Man, having a kid sure has turned me into a sap. I remember once when my sister and I went to see step mom with my dad. During the sappy part me and my sister were laughing at something, my dad on the other hand was tearing up and getting irritated at us for laughing. That is how is has always been, I never understood why people cried at movies... after all, it wasn't real... then I had my own kid. So tonight I was watching Grey's anatomy, and part of the show was about this kid who was terminal, and her dad coming to terms with that. Well, I kept seeing Stephan in that little kid... what if it was him, and that was it, I started tearing up. It's official, I don't like sappy stories about kids getting hurt in any way. I don't mind adult drama, just leave the kids out of it *sigh*
On another note, Stephan is entering his terrible two's at eighteen months. I've heard that this phase it more like eighteen months to three years, so I guess I am just going to have to get use to the sound of Stephan screaming. Today, he cried for what seemed like 5 hours straight. ok, so at some point I put him down for a nap, and I think he slept for a little while, but I forgot to turned the monitor on, so I'm not sure. I honestly did not mean forget to check the monitor, Stephan is always playing with it, so sometimes it is not plugged in. usually I can still hear him when he cries. but, even if we take out the iffy hour of sleep, he cried for FOUR hours. Nothing made him happy, I have him Tylenol in case he was teething, he ate a good lunch, he had lots of opportunity to sleep... there was NOTHING wrong with him other than he wanted my undivided attention.. and so he cried. i did sit down and watch non the builder with him in an effort to save both of our sanity. He sat in my lap for almost the entire show and snuggled up to me, which reminded me why I put up with all the screaming. he has been really grumpy like this a lot lately, he just had a doctor appointment, and they said he was fine, I really think he just needs to learn that he can not have our complete attention all the time. Around 3, we ran some errands, and he was happy the rest of the night (when he had our attention). His best times are in the morning and after his bath. During these times he is running all over the house giggling at everything, it's adorable!
Yesterday our neighbors threw a party for their six month old twin boys who just got baptized (they are catholic). It was interesting because they speak hardly any English, and we don't speak Spanish. But, they know enough that we could communicate. They had invited us over about a week before. I was outside playing with Stephan and Erica, the twins mom, came over and started talking to me, and that is when they invited us over. A few times this week our kids have played together (she also has an 8 year old, and a 2 year old). the day of the party the kids came over to our yard, and then it slowly moved to their yard, then they gave us some yummy yummy yummy... did I mention it was yummy... authentic Mexican food. It was probably the best chicken I have ever had! I ate soooo much food! they seem like really good people (except for the annoying loud Mexican music that I hear all the time). I hope that we can get to know them better, and that Stephan can learn Spanish from hanging out with them.
thats about it for tonight.
Monday, May 04, 2009
Posted by Whyzzerd at 7:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Yep...same problem here. My sappiness started with Yasmin disappearing my sr year....remember that? Then getting pregnant and having Celeste made it even more so. I still hold it better than many (mom says it's because of how much I got poked when I was little....learned to bottle it up), but I actually am more likely to cry now at movies and stuff. It's weird. :)
Post a Comment