Not a lot has happened this week. Me and Stephan have just been hanging out at the house during the days, and then when Chris gets up at 5 we are usually working in the yard. Tonight Chris is working a double, so he had to leave at 2 this afternoon, and will get home about 6:30ish.
We went to the park today just to get out of the house, and Stephan made friends with this little girl that was a month older than him. It was cute to watch them because they were copy each other. Stephan would slap the bridge they were playing around, and then the little girl would copy him, and then later the little girl was playing with the mulch, putting on the slide, and Stephan copied her. There were also two older girls running around, and Stephan wanted to follow them around... I'm going to hate when he is old enough to actually keep up with all these girls!
Stephan is starting to talk, a little. He has the cutest little meow sound in the world. He draws it out, and uses a soft higher pitched voice, I am going to have to put a video of it up here... the problem is that as soon as I take out the camera he gets fixated on it and won't meow anymore. Has picked up a few other words. Chris taught him to say "nice" Why he chose that word to start saying, I don;t know. I have been trying to get him to say mommy for months now... he won't say it, He says dadda though, or some variation of it anyways.
Stephan is turning into a biter. He is biting us constantly it seems. Most of the time it is when he is tired or sleepy, or we are playing with him, or he is bored... I really think that some of it is coming from frustration, he has the idea of how to talk, but doesn't quite know how to do it, so he bites us as a form of communication.. one that I'm not thrilled with. So, if you have any ideas on how to fix this (without biting him back) then feel free to leave some ideas!
I think that it is time to start teaching Stephan with things like time out. He has a fixation on the computer, and he also loves taking all the movies off the shelf, and out of the containers. Again, he mostly does this when he is tired or hungry. He isn't quite big enough to get the whole "sit in time out for one minute" idea, so we made him a time out corner using the baby gate we had going around the wood stove. This place, that was meant for punishment, has entertained him for about three days now. he is constantly going in and out of it, slamming the little gate on it, throwing toys in it, and then getting them out. I will have to put a picture of that up on here soon too (I'm on the wrong computer... I'm using the mac right now, I usually use the PC when I blog). I have only used it twice as actual punishment, but because it was new, it didn't work. When I do use it, I tell him "no" and place move him to a different place, if he goes running back I do it again. On the third time I put him in his baby-traz for a minute. We will see if this actually works or not in a week or two.
Today Stephan and I were hanging out in the play room. I was reading a book (one that my mom got at conference!) and Stephan was playing. He has a shelf that mom got him (or me depending on how you look at it) this really cute shelf for his birthday last year, and it has the cubes that seem to be so popular. He pulled out the cube (the only one I bought for it so far lol) and climbed in. Then he started crying cause he could not get comfortable, so I took all the toys out of it for him, and he happily sat in that cube playing for about thirty minutes. I got some of the cutest pictures of him! I'm going to pos.... oh, wait, wrong computer... maybe tomorrow night.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
mostly Stephan updates
Posted by Whyzzerd at 8:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Hey girl!! It was so good to see you last weekend. I love your blog layout! So cute! Did you design it yourself? Your little boy is so cute. What a fun age he is at.
Post a Comment