Today was a great day with Stephan! He was in such a good mood, which is great because he has been crying nonstop for the past week, yesterday was an especially bad day with him, but that was yesterday. Today he was all smiles. he took another really long nap this morning, and i think that caught him up on sleep that he had lost on our weekend trip. He was going around the whole house acting as if he were in a very important mission... which was, of course, to spread toys into every available spot in the house. Once this mission was completed I introduced him to bubble wrap... oh the fun! He kept walking over and over the bubble wrap, then we sat down together and popped what was left, he was fascinated! then, we played with the cat (nicely for once!). For lunch, he actually ate the food I gave him... another battle we have been facing. we have eat it first before he will lol.
Yesterday we rearrange the rooms putting the toddler bed in his room just because there was no where else for it, so today, since it was there, we decided to try it out! The bed has been in his playroom, so he is use to climbing all over it. When we put him to bed, we read him a story on his new bed, and then he went to sleep. It has been about three hours and he has not fallen out of the bed yet, so I guess that is good. It seems strange that my little boy is now sleeping in a bed instead of a crib. Of course, the bed is against the wall blocking one side, and a safety rail on the other. the only way he can get out is at the foot of the bed. it should be interesting to see how the night/morning goes.
Another new thing today, Stephan can now open doors. he is always looking for ways to get into the bedroom (he knows daddy is in there sleeping). I had to very quickly add those annoying baby safe things on the door knobs.. you know the one that takes you five minutes to figure out how to open. This little fact combined with the new bed means he can probably get anywhere in the house while I sleep... which means I won't sleep *sigh*
OK, the last new thing that happened today (did I mention that a lot of new stuff happened today?) Last year Stephan and I mowed the lawn together every day on our riding lawn mower. He loved it, and so did I. this year it about broke my heart when I went to mow the lawn, cranked up the lawn mower, and Stephan busted into tears. he was terrified of the lawn mower.... such a shame. We have tried to get him to ride several times this year, and he freaks out every time. he loves to play on it when it is not cranked though, which was a big improvement because at first he would look at it and cry (after the first crank) So anyhow, today, I cranked it, he cried, but I held onto him for about 5 min while mowing, and then he stopped crying.. 5 more minutes and he was trying to grab the steering wheel, and soon he was happy again! So hopefully we can continue to mow together!
I'll let you know tomorrow how well the bed worked out :)
Monday, April 20, 2009
So many new things!
Posted by Whyzzerd at 7:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment