So, I am three months pregnant and it seems like the worst of feeling sick all the time is just starting. About the only thing that seems at least a little appealing is carnation, even though I KNOW that will make me sick, and chicken noodle soup with goldfish crackers... yummy right? I know, it would have been my first choice, but it seems that I am not the one calling the shots right now. The other night, and tonight we had super yummy homemade chili. One of my favorites. I was so excited to eat it, and then it was sitting there in front of me, and I had absolutely no desire to eat it, not even one little bite. I ate it anyways, because supposedly food is good for you (really, I don't think I ever ate before I had Stephan... I am just not a food person) So, I ate it, and then spent the next hour on the couch doing me best not to throw up, which, I managed to do. But only because my wonderfully awesome husband bathed Stephan and put him to bed so I could lay there and do nothing. I am so over this being sick thing.
Onto happier things. We had a GREAT thanksgiving. I love thanksgiving, mostly because we have the chance to get together with family. On this day, I don't even mind the food! I eat till I am full, I refuse to eat until my pants burst because then you just feel awful for the next few hours and again when you step on the scale. I think that is something I learned from my husband. He never eats past when he is full, and I think that is great. I love the traditions that come with thanksgiving. When I was little, my grandmother use to make everything. There were so many yummy things that there was no way you could even try one bite of it all without being full. We each have our favorite things that she made. So now when we get together we make those things. I always bring the potatoes (I think the idea of instant potatoes at thanksgiving... or any meal... should be a capital offense) and this year, after three tries, I FINALLY figured out how to make my grandmothers rolls (they take like 5 hours, you can imagine my dismay when the first two times they turned out to be biscuits *yuck*). I was stocked to have them turn out right! And then since we had two thanksgiving at my house, I had to make a few other of her famous treats. It was fun, to know how to make all those things. I hope that these foods will still be on our table 50 years from now, only it will my kids/grand kids making them.
One of the reasons this thanksgiving was so awesome was that Friday and Saturday we had nothing planned. NOTHING. that never happens. our weekends are booked months in advance, right now, I could tell you what I am doing every weekend between now and new years. I didn't even realize we had a free weekend till halfway through Friday. It was great, amazing, so fun! We went shopping Friday, got a lot of good stuff! then chilled at home and got things done around the house. That night a friend came over and watched Stephan so Chris and I could go see New Moon (which was great!) The next day we just did what we wanted to all day long! Sunday we went to church, and later that night we went to Josh and Deborah s and had a blast playing video games all night. Chris had that night off of work, which means we got to hang out later, and Monday was another productive, and yet lazy day. I think we need to make a point of taking at least one weekend off a month.
Christmas is coming. I love Christmas! It is my favorite holiday for so many reasons! I love giving people things, and this is a perfect excuse to give away lots of things. I love getting together with family. I love how happy people are (unless you are looking at the last GPS/Toy/other hot item and they want it... then they can be mean). I love the music, the lights. I love everything about Christmas. This year we have gone a little overboard on ourselves for Christmas. Usually we spend all the money on other people and then do a little something for us telling ourselves we will get what we really want with the tax check. Well, this year I am selling buttons (which is doing awesome btw) and the buttons are paying for our Christmas... well that and a best buy credit card *yikes*. I discovered this year that I spend all the money, leaving Chris with nothing to buy me a present with. He has always found the money to get me something nice. This year though, I made a point of making sure he had cash to buy presents, and that has been so much fun. he gets so excited with every present that he has gotten. he went out and got me a huge surprise, it lasted 10 minutes once he got home before he told, he was busting with excitement. He bought me something else, that lasted 20 minutes before he told me about it. I think it is too funny. There are still a few things that I don't know about though, so we will see if he can keep them a secret :)
I think Christmas is better with kids! I am soooo excited to see Stephan open his presents this year. he is finally old enough to get excited about the toys, and opening presents. I am so excited to watch his face as he rounds the corner. We have to big gifts for him, one is for his birthday, it is a plasma car (do a google search... AWESOME, for adults too) and the other is a step 2 up and down roller coaster. If you have a younger a kid, that is totally worth checking out as well.
I guess this small novel is good enough for tonight. I really do need to write more often. I suddenly realized I have a lot to write about.
Monday, November 30, 2009
Three months and other ramblings
Posted by Whyzzerd at 7:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment