CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, October 18, 2009

buttons

So, I started a new business a few months ago. I have been looking for something that would work for me since before Stephan was born. There was nothing that really caught my attention. I tried teaching scrapbook classes, but I didn't like having to rearrange my house once a month, plus we were getting ready to move, and really I just didn't like teaching. I tried working with Dad to sell some stuff on eBay, but my heart just wasn't there. The Jewelry business is just something that does not interest me, although I love to wear it!! I thought about the medical transcriptionist, or getting into photography, but nothing felt right. I went to a flea market with mom and dad a few months ago and there was a guy there selling badge ID reels with funny buttons. I love them, I had to buy Chris one. Badge ID reels are those things that hold id badges most commonly worn by hospital staff.
I started looking into selling these badge ID reels and called Rachael, my sister, to get some buttons, she hooked me up with some great buttons and that has grown into my own little business. The first priority was to be able to buy my own button maker which I had after about a month, from there I talked to several business downtown and worked up some wholesale accounts, and I have done a few craft shows with a few more coming up . It isn't a whole lot, but I love it!! It is something I can do without it taking away from my stay at home mommy time.
I've been working to become official, or at least working to look that way. I have cards, a catalogue, and I've been working on an inventory so that I know what buttons sell the most. I'm thrilled at how well everything is working out with it!

0 comments: