CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

day care? i think not

So, it's about that time again, time to blog. This has been a crazy few weeks. I have my sister's kid Jakob with me last week and this week. Then a friend called last minute to see if I can take his kid for week or so. I've had a 9 year old, a four year old, and then Stephan who is 20 months old. On one hand it is easier because they can entertain themselves, but then again, not really. Jakob plays really good with Stephan, but when another kid is thrown int he mix then Stephan has been left out a lot. It breaks my heart when I look in the room and see Stephan off to the side and the two boys blocking him from playing. Then I have to find the balance of making sure I'm not over reacting to Stephan being left out because he is mine. It has been a constant struggle. I've tried to spend some extra quality time with Stephan, take him aside and play with just him. The other struggle that I have is that the other boy, D, has never shared, well, at least he acts that way. He takes everything Stephan is holding, or when Stephan tries to grab something else, he takes that away too, going out of his way to take everything from him. I've been struggling with how to handle this and be fair without overstepping parental bounds. He isn't mine, and isn't related to me, so I'm not how or if I should discipline him when he is being mean.
That's one dilemma, the other one is that he wants me to take D on a more permanent bases after his preschool until he gets out of school. I'm not sure that I want to.D just doesn't match well with Stephan. but this guy has no one else, he just moved into town, so I feel bad telling him no. I think I am going to start looking around for someone else who might be interested in taking D.


On another note one of our old friends are moving into the ward. It will be good to have another kid for Stephan to play with, and another couple our age. It has been a long since we have seen them, so it will be good to catch up.

I've been spending all of my spare time making button designs. I can't wait till I can get the machine to make them, and sell them. I am so excited about the whole button making business. I hope to make enough buttons to start going to craft areas. so, if you have any cute button ideas or pictures.... feel free to pass them on :)

0 comments: