So, I've been slacking off on my writing again. I blame it all on the website gamehouse. they give a game away free everyday and I've been playing all their games. I also blame the library because they had a sale the other day in which they were selling puzzles for fifty cents each, I bought 8 puzzles with 1000 pieces each... 8000 beautiful puzzle pieces (minus three missing pieces). I love puzzles! I think they are great! I have not done a puzzle since Stephan was born so I have been loving the opportunity to do them again!
Saturday mornings there is an empty parking lot that fills up with yard sellers.. such a great place! It's not like a flea market where you have the same people over and over. It is just random people coming for the day which means a constant change in things to buy. I have never had so much luck finding good things cheap. One of these things was a train table for Stephan. I have been wanting to buy him one but they are over a hundred new and usually around 50 used. When I saw this one I was willing to spend up to 25 (I'm cheap) and then the lady said she would sell it for 5... I was sold! the best part is that the table has different inserts so you can change the theme... or, for me, take it out and viola, a wonderful flat space to do my puzzles! It works perfectly! The insert is solid wood, so it is strong enough to cover my puzzle and allow Stephan to play (walk) all over it.
We also got a set of almost brand new 400 hundred dollar tired for 60 bucks! Chris also got some tools that he has been wanting and I picked up some clothes and jewelry cheap.
So in other news I have been looking for something that I can do to generate a little extra income. I have seen several different opportunities but none of them felt right to me. Then I ran across this guy who made cute id reels, and I am going to sell some of those, but that led me to the idea of buttons (which he glued on the id reel). My sister Rachael is a button maker, so I gave her a call and we are working out a deal to where I can sell buttons. I was a little unsure, I had thought about it for a few weeks before I talked to her, but after talking to her and working out some ideas I got excited and a little more proactive. last time when I was in town I stopped by the Mast General Store and asked if I could set up a booth and sell them there. They said yes!!! I was so excited! the Mast store is one of my favorite places, but it is also one of the hot spots in this town. I was really excited when they said I could sell them. So, august 29th, I'll be there!!
Stephan is starting to talk a little. He says Hi, Bye, Momma, daddy, he said amen the other day as well as five and six (Chris was counting and Stephan copied). He also meows a lot. It is so cute! He picks up new words so fast. I know that it won't be long until he is constantly chattering away.
Chris's birthday was last weekend and he took a few nights off of work. His Grandparents came down and we had a really good weekend with them. We also went to Splash Country for a day. He said that he had a really great weekend!
Next weekend is our 6th anniversary!! It doesn't seem that long at all. It has been the best six years of my life! I don't know what we are going to do. Usually we end up at the Stake youth tubing trip though, so we will probably do that. I think we are planning another trip to splash country as well (we love that place!)
that's about it for now.
Tuesday, August 04, 2009
random things/update
Posted by Whyzzerd at 7:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Congrats on the upcoming anniversary! The buttons sound fun! I'm jealous of the yard sale thing. :) Glad you're having fun! :)
Post a Comment